What To Do After A Car Accident
The moments after a car crash can easily leave you confused, shocked, disoriented and wondering what you should do next. First, you should seek out medical treatment, even if you think you are not injured. You may not immediately feel pain and some injuries may not be easy to detect right away.
Next, before you speak with anyone else except the police, you should contact an experienced Plymouth car accident attorney at The Law Offices of John C. Manoog III . We are here to educate you about what other steps to take to preserve your legal rights and options for recovering compensation.Preparation, Negotiation, Litigation
We have the resources to do the job right.
You can take some important steps immediately following a car accident. This can protect your claim; give our attorneys vital information needed when aggressively negotiating on your behalf and help prove your case at trial, if that path becomes necessary.
- Collect the other driver's information , including name, contact details and insurance information.
- After that, do not speak with any other drivers who were involved in the crash before you speak with a lawyer. If you do, you put yourself at risk of stating something that can be used to build a case against you later.
- Before you speak with any insurance company representative , speak with our Plymouth car accident attorneys first. Some questions insurance adjusters ask are designed to help them prove you are liable or that another driver involved was not at fault. Insurers are always looking to minimize an insurance claim payout or find grounds for a denied claim.
- Do not even speak to your own insurance agent company before talking to us. Even though you might want to contact them at the scene of an accident, even no-fault and PIP carriers have an adversarial relationship with their own clients and will look for a way to minimize paying an insurance claim.
- Take photos of your vehicle, the other vehicles involved, the road conditions, effects of weather, and anything else that shows evidence of the accident and how it took place. This is valuable information for accident reconstruction and proving liability for the purposes of negotiation and trial.
- Call the police so a report is taken of the accident, the scene can be secured to preserve evidence and people can be separated to prevent an altercation. This can prevent accusations and misstatements, which might be used against you later on.
- If the hospital requires you be admitted , make sure you receive documentation that explains why you must stay as well as restrictions you will have upon returning to work. This information can be vital for lost wage claims.
Once you follow these steps after a car accident and call us, we do the rest. We spend the time, money and resources needed so you can focus on your recovery while we focus on pursuing your case for compensation. We pride ourselves on our results inside and outside the courtroom and the reputation we have earned with insurance companies, which is that we are aggressive negotiators who know how to achieve maximum compensation for our clients.Thorough Marshfield Personal Injury Attorneys