Dealing with the death of a loved one can be the most difficult thing that anyone ever has to do. Focusing on a vision of the future without a spouse, child, parent, or sibling around can be even more difficult when the family member dies as the result of negligence by another person or entity. While nothing can bring back a loved one, family members have the legal right to seek to hold negligent parties responsible for their actions, if that conduct lead to a death in their family. In addition, they may be able to obtain a financial recovery that can help them move on after the loss of a loved one with some measure of stability.
The Hyannis wrongful death attorneys at the Law Offices of John C. Manoog III have been representing clients throughout the state in wrongful death and other accident cases since 1994. We are well respected within the legal community, and we have earned a strong reputation for providing high quality legal services to clients, aggressively defending their rights while fighting to maximize the financial recovery to which they are entitled.Examples of Wrongful Death Cases
Wrongful death cases arise out of a wide variety of accidents involving negligence, or the failure to exercise reasonable care, including the following:
- A doctor's failure to properly diagnose or treat a medical condition, such as spinal meningitis;
- A drunk driver that causes a car accident, killing a passenger or another driver;
- A defective tire that causes a blowout and accident, or a malfunctioning airbag that fails to deploy in a crash;
- Slick or dangerous floors and other surfaces that lead to a slip and fall accident
- Unsafe conditions at a construction or other work site that result in an accident; or
- A wrongly prescribed drug or improperly filled prescription that winds up causing unexpected, and even fatal reactions.
- A negligent driver strikes a motorcycle, killing the motorcycle rider or passenger.
No matter the source of the negligence, family members of a person who dies as a result of these or other accidents are left not only with the loss of their beloved family member, but oftentimes the loss of that person's companionship, parenting, income, and services as well. In many cases, the law allows these family members to recover for these types of losses.How We Can Help You
At the Law Offices of John C. Manoog III, we are skilled litigators and accomplished negotiators who are highly familiar with the legal issues that regularly arise in wrongful death and other personal injury cases. Among other services, our lawyers can help clients considering a wrongful death suit by:
- Consulting with experts to determine and document the loss of income resulting from the family member's death by establishing his or her probable life expectancy and likely earnings;
- Quantifying loss of services (doing homework with kids, mowing the lawn, etc.) by painting a picture for an insurance company and for the jury so they can understand the depth of your loss; and
- Gathering evidence to support claims for pain and suffering, as well as to recover for any medical bills or hospital expenses.
We can help you successfully build your case for damages against the negligent party whose actions caused your losses, which under Massachusetts law, can entitle you to significant compensation.
If your family member has been killed as a result of someone else's negligence, call the Massachusetts personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of John C. Manoog III. Our lawyers are available to discuss your circumstances with you in a free initial consultation. We offer evening, weekend, and offsite appointments to accommodate your busy schedule. Call us at 888.262.6664 or contact us online. We proudly serve a number of local communities, including, Harwich, Falmouth, and Onset. Nós Falamos Português.