When to See a Defective Equipment Lawyer
In the age of mass production, it isn’t uncommon to find that a product you’ve purchased or used is malfunctioning. Sometimes the malfunction is minimal, disrupting our day. However, there are times when faulty equipment may disrupt our life-possibly for good. Whether you’ve suffered from a severe injury or a small one, The Law Offices of John C. Manoog III, defective equipment lawyer, are here to help. Let’s talk about when to see our defective equipment lawyers and why it may be beneficial.When to See a Faulty Equipment Lawyer
Whether at home or on the job, when you retain any sort of injury you might suspect is from using a faulty product or piece of equipment it’s always smart to consult with a defective equipment lawyer. It’s important to note where you experience your injuries can play a part in your case’s outcome. Here are some examples of common defective equipment injuries and where they may occur.
- Faulty equipment at work-this can include faulty forklifts rolling over, unstable scaffolding falling, saw malfunctions, etc.
- Faulty products at home-you may have experienced electrocution or lacerations by kitchen appliances like blenders, mixers, and pressure cookers.
- Faulty medical equipment-this could be a stroke from a defective pacemaker, burns from a heated blanket, or IUD perforation.
When you are injured by a faulty or defective product, you are often entitled to compensation. Although many people think of compensation as monetary, there are other forms as well. Here are some of the different types of compensation you could claim with a defective equipment lawyer.
- Economic Damages-you may win monetary compensation, or be awarded a certain amount of money in order to help pay for your injuries and distress-both physical and mental.
- Punitive Damages-you may claim punitive damages if you can prove the manufacturer of the faulty product had knowledge of the product’s potential harm. The goal of punitive damages is to make sure the injury does not happen to anyone else.
Whether you’ve been injured a work or experienced a medical malfunction, the Law Offices of John C. Manoog III, defective equipment lawyer, are committed to your case. With nearly 150 years of combined experience and millions of dollars in settlements achieved, our defective equipment lawyers are ready and able to help. If you or a loved one believe you’ve been injured due to defective equipment, don’t delay. Receive the justice you deserve; contact us today for a free consultation.