COVID-19 Update: How We Are Serving and Protecting Our Clients

What to do Following Worksite and Construction Accidents

What to do Following Worksite and Construction Accidents

The Hyannis work injury lawyers at the Law Offices of John C. Manoog III have more than 146 years of combined experience representing clients who have been injured on the job or in other accidents. We are seasoned litigators and experienced negotiators who work tirelessly to pursue all of the different types of compensation to which an injured worker may be entitled. We understand the complicated legal issues that often come up in these matters, and we know how to work with insurance companies and navigate the court system to ensure that our clients get the money they deserve.

Work Injuries Are Common

No matter what industry you work in, accidents on the job can and do happen. Whether it's from falling debris at a construction site, a slip and fall on a wet or unsafe floor, or a car accident during work-related travel, injuries sustained at work are not only painful, but can also limit your ability to continue working on a temporary or even permanent basis. The good news is that there are laws and programs in place to protect injured workers by providing at least some financial stability, and allowing them to hold responsible parties liable. In order to obtain speedy and comprehensive legal recovery after an accident, it's important that an injured worker take the following steps:

Report the Accident. Tell your employer that the accident happened as soon as possible. This is the first step to obtaining workers' compensation benefits, a form of insurance that most employers are required to carry and which cover medical bills and some missed wages for workers who are injured on the job. Any delay in reporting the accident can jeopardize your right to benefits. A worker involved in any accident should therefore report it, even if the worker doesn't think that he or she has been injured. If you didn't immediately know that you were injured in the accident - or that you've become sick due to a hazardous workplace condition - you should inform your employer as soon as you become aware of the injury or impairment.

Get Medical Treatment. Obviously, it's important to get the appropriate medical treatment in order to address your injury or impairment. That includes going to an emergency room immediately, if necessary. It's also important to develop a record of the condition, including the extent of the impairment, how long it's likely to last, and the expected effect it may have on your ability to work. If you don't need treatment right away, it is a good idea to ask your employer whether it requires you to see a specific doctor. Even if you don't think you've been injured, you should schedule an exam to make sure.

Take Notes. Document your recollection of how the accident happened and who was there at the time. Witnesses can be a vital part of your case in the event you're denied workers' compensation benefits or want to go after a responsible third party, such as a subcontractor or equipment manufacturer.

Seek Legal Advice. An experienced, competent personal injury lawyer can help you get the money to which you're entitled by pursuing workers' compensation benefits and considering legal action against those responsible for the accident or injury. The lawyer can gather the necessary evidence to support your case and negotiate with insurers and other parties in an effort to secure swift and complete payment while keeping the option of litigation on the table if necessary.

How We Can Help You

At the Law Offices of John C. Manoog III, our lawyers have been serving clients in workplace injury matters since 1994. We are accomplished and well-respected attorneys who take pride in providing comprehensive and personalized legal services for the people we represent. Among other victories, we've previously obtained settlements of up to $915,000 for construction site and other workplace accidents.

Experienced Construction Site Accident Lawyers

With offices in Hyannis and Plymouth, our Massachusetts personal injury attorneys proudly serve clients throughout the state. We will work to accommodate your schedule – we will meet with you over the weekend or after work in the evening, or travel to you if you can't make it to one of our offices. Call us at 888.262.6664 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. Nós Falamos Português.

Call Us Today For a Free Consultation