Massachusetts Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
A person who is injured at work is generally entitled to workers' compensation benefits to cover medical expenses and lost wages. Workers' compensation is a form of insurance that most employers are required to carry, and which kicks in automatically when a person is injured on the job, avoiding the need for costly and time-consuming litigation. Because the benefits paid under these programs can be extensive, employers and their insurance carriers often vigorously dispute workers' comp claims.
If you have been injured in a workplace accident, it is important to consult an experienced personal injury lawyer who understands the workers’ compensation process and the legal issues involved, and knows how to pursue the maximum amount of benefits to which you are entitled. The Cape Cod workers’ compensation lawyers at the Law Offices of John C. Manoog III have more than 115 years of combined experience representing clients who have been injured in a wide variety of accidents. We are dedicated to providing personalized legal services to our clients and committed to fighting aggressively for their rights.
Causes of Workplace Accidents
Across the country, people are injured at their place of work every day. In 2011 alone, private employers reported nearly 3 million non-fatal workplace accidents. Injuries on the job are often caused by a number of factors, including:
- Defective equipment
- Co-worker error
- Insufficient safety precautions
- Unsafe work processes or activities
- Improperly used or maintained machinery
- Chemical exposure
- Third party (subcontractor) negligence
How John C. Manoog III Can Help You
Workers' compensation claims often center around the question of whether the particular injury happened at work. Even where a person has been involved in a workplace accident, his or her employer's insurance company may argue that the injury was preexisting, that is not severe enough to prevent the employee from working, or that the accident was the employee's fault.
At the law offices of John C. Manoog III, we are highly familiar with the tactics insurers and employers use to avoid paying workers' compensation benefits, and we work tirelessly to ensure that clients injured on the job are treated fairly, and strive to help them recover financially after suffering an injury at work. That includes "lump sum" cases involving permanently injured workers, as well as Accidental Disability Retirement claims for state government employees. Among other recent victories, we've recovered several workers' compensation awards in excess of $100,000 for clients suffering heart attacks, back injuries, and other maladies on the job.
Comprehensive Representation by Experienced Advocates
It is important that a person seeking workers' compensation fully understand his or her rights. Our lawyers take the time to explain the relevant legal issues to our clients and advise them of all of the options available. When you call our law firm, we will respond. There is always someone at the Law Offices of John C. Manoog III who is ready to talk to you about your case.
If you or a family member has been injured in a workplace accident, call the Massachusetts personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of John C. Manoog III. Our lawyers are available to discuss your particular situation in a free initial consultation, and we offer flexible evening, weekend, and offsite hours. Call us at 888.262.6664 or contact us online. Nós Falamos Português.
- Federal Appellate Court Upholds Summary Judgment in Medical Monitoring Case Brought Under Massachusetts Law: Genereux v. Raytheon Not all workplace injuries are sudden and immediate. Sometimes, the damage to an employee’s body occurs over time, such as in cases ....
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Examines Employer Immunity Under the Massachusetts Workers’ Compensation Act — Estate of Moulton v. Puopolo Hyannis and Portsmouth communities know that accidents may happen while at work, and they know worker’s compensation laws will help them with ....
- Massachusetts Personal Injury and Exceptions to the ‘Going and Coming’ Rule — In Re Carbone’s Case Most employees in Hyannis and Plymouth, Massachusetts go to work each day and perform their duties expecting that they will be safe, yet work related ....
When you call our law firm, we will respond. There is always someone ready to talk to you at The Law Offices of John C. Manoog III. Free initial consultations. We offer flexible appointments including evenings, weekends and off-site meetings. Nós Falamos Português.